Re: FRM-41042 No such property for Set_Item_Property

From: <pberetta_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 17:28:31 GMT

Wozi,

   Is the item by any chance a text item? If so, there is no MOUSE_NAVIGATE property in its property palette, therefore you cannot set this property. If you want to prevent all navigation to the item you will have to either: set the enabled property false (you may be able to define a custom visual attribute to get around the 'grey out' problem, but I've never experimented with this) or create two items - a text item and a display item - which occupy the same physical location. In this case you toggle the visible property of both items so that when you want the user to be able to navigate to the item the text item is visible and when you don't want the user to be able to navigate to the item the display item is visible. You would also have to populate the display item, say through a WHEN-NEW-RECORD-INSTANCE trigger, from the text item -- also through a POST-TEXT-ITEM trigger on the text item to refresh it in case the text item is changed. Gets a lot more complex than option 1.
Regards,
Paul

In article
<2AB95FE7103B298F.11ED95E40C19FBC6.9FEE623B2376567C_at_lp.airnews.net>,   <wozi_at_dhc.net> wrote:
> I issued the following code in my app.
>
> Set_Item_Property
('block_name.Item_name',Mouse_Navigate,Property_False);

> At runtime, I get the message above. I am still able to mouse
navigate to
> the item.
> Does this property not work? Am I using it incorrectly?
>
> The following code works works fine:
> Set_Item_Property('block_name.Item_name',Navigable,Property_False);
>
> To work around the problem, I use ENABLED, Property_False. But the
problem
> is that the text item
> is grayed out. That doesn't satisfy my needs.
>
> Any help will be appreciated. thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Feb 12 2000 - 18:28:31 CET

Original text of this message