Re: Got a question regarding newbies

From: Dave Wotton <Dave.Wotton_at_dwotton.nospam.clara.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 13:59:23 GMT

Alex Hudghton wrote in message <38a3e8e4.6733231_at_news.freeserve.net>... [snip]
>I guess most of them don't realise that its really helpful to find out
>where you can get information from (manuals, web sites, magazines etc)
>because there will come a time, when they have a real job, that
>newsnet is of no use at all.

Although I agree with (almost) all that Alex, Sybrand, Kenneth and others have said on this issue, I disagree with Alex's assertion above. I find the newsgroups extremely useful when all other avenues have failed (and I do try them all!). But the principle remains - there's a lot of experts out there who are replying to posts voluntarily, everyone should endeavour to respect their good nature by doing some homework first. Using Dejanews power search (http://www.dejanews.com/home_ps.shtml) or something similar would answer about 80% of the questions regularly posted here.

Dave.

--
There's no need to reply to this posting by email, but if you do,
remove the "nospam" from my email address first.