Re: TOAD

From: Leo Albers <Leo.G.Albers_at_Nld.Xerox.Com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 16:14:33 +0100

I'm using the freeware version of TOAD and are happy with the functionality.
Agree, the commercial version is too expensive (my opinion).

But with all respect, SQLTools has NOT about the same functionality than the freeware version of TOAD.
A few basics like sort data, filter data and 'help' are missing.

Leo

Oracle delivers good databases but their development tools are not made to make the life of a programmer easier.For example I have never seen any Oracle development tool with a good editor. For this reason we build our own toolkit SQLTools that we also sell for $50.It has about the same functionality as TOAD (which is also a great product, but too expensive). You can download SQLTools from http://www.sequel.nl Arthur Kolkman      Berger, Gene <BERGERGENE_at_PIOS.com> wrote in message news:07E164D341EED111ADCD0000F8662F4A086CA791_at_pioushqntmail2.pios.com...>Why [Quoted] does Oracle make you buy a product like TOAD