Re: WebDB 2.1 Question

From: Peter Sylvester <peters_at_mitre.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 08:04:33 -0500

I haven't set it up this way yet, but I would expect it to work.

I'd recommend using the manual install instructions under "support" on the CD; I haven't seen a webdb release where the installer (orainst) worked, yet, and I've been through several. You should copy the support directory from the CD to disk, as the scripts expect to write to files, and may break.

Also, webdb 2.2 is out now; you may wish to use that.

Some tips:
Make sure that the tnsnames.ora are the same on both boxes, and match the sql*net listener settings on the DB box. Make sure the sql*net listener is running on the DB box. Make sure you can "sqlplus webdb/passwd_at_db_alias" from the webdb box. Make sure all the OWA and WWV packages loaded into the webdb account, and have a status 'VALID'.
Check entries in the following files on the webdb box:  $ORACLE_HOME/webdb/listener/cfg/wdbsvr.app  $ORACLE_HOME/webdb/listener/cfg/wdbsvr.cfg Note that you need to bounce the webdb listener if you change the above files manually.
Sometimes is is useful to "truss" the webdb listener to see what it is doing.

Peter