Re: FORMS4.5/WIN-NT temp file on C:\

From: Simon Bromberger <simonbromberger_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 10:18:51 GMT

You need to get a later verions of Forms 4.5 There is a bug in early versions of developer 1.3.2, they use the value for the DOS TMP variable incorrectly - someone forgot to put a '\' on the end :).

Alternatively you could set the value for TMP to C:\TEMP\ though this may mess with other applications - though DOS seems to ignore the extra '\'.

Simon B

In article <389053B1.6972271E_at_hamburg.dag.de>,   "Jürgen Simonsen" <jsimonse_at_hamburg.dag.de> wrote:
> I use a FORMS 4.5/32bit - application on WIN/NT. When the
> application gets a lot of records from the database, then a
> temp file on C:\ is created. Because I've no access to
> C:\, this temp file cannot be created and the program
> fails.
> Does anyone know a way to instruct FORMS 4.5 to
> put this temp file into C:\TEMP?
> I tried setting FORMS45_TEMP and FORMS45_TMP
> in the registry to C:\TEMP but this doesn't work.
>
> --
>
> Thank you for your help
> Jürgen Simonsen
> juergen.simonsen_at_dag.de

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Feb 11 2000 - 11:18:51 CET

Original text of this message