Developer 6.0 Install Question

From: William Haynes <whaynes_at_dsdc.dla.mil>
Date: 2000/02/10

Hello:

Recently I encountered a problem while attempting to install Developer 6.0 on our Windows NT server. Listed below is the software on the server and the steps I followed. Any advice would be appreciated.

ENVIRONMENT:
Windows NT Server Service Pack 6
Oracle 8.1.5 Enterprise Server
Oracle Application Server 4.0.8
Oracle Enterprise Manager Client and Server 2.0.4

PROBLEM:
1. eceived the following message after running the installer and clicking on the folder icon to select the Oracle Home where our Oracle Enterprise Server software was installed. This was because the deffault location the installed had filled in was where the Oracle Application Server was installed and I did not believe that I should install it there. After I selected the directory where the Oracle Enterprise Server was located and pressed <OK> a message appeared that stated an existing home (where the Oracle Application Server was installed) already existed and if I continued the Oracle Application server home would be disables and products located there would no longer function.
2. I then set the Oracle Home from where the Oracle Application Server was installed to where the Oracle Enterprise Server was located. I did this usng the Oracle Home Selector and rebooted but this did not help.

QUESTION:
Why doesn't Developer recognize when I change the Home and should I just let it go into the same location as the Application Server?

Thanks Received on Thu Feb 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message