Re: Oracle 8i and WebDB - TNS

From: dparrish <dparrish_at_frontiernet.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 19:31:18 -0000

1) Different oracle homes for each?
2) Service Pack? And what version of WebDB?

    More than likely you need to copy the TNSNames and SQLNet files to the net/admin directory (from your original ORACLE_HOME\net80\admin directory). Stop and restart the WebDB processes.
Joseph D. Horing <jdh_at_itconsulting.it> wrote in message news:38A08106.7401C433_at_itconsulting.it...
I installed Oracle 8i on my NT box; it works fine.
Then I installed WebDB, and while Oracle 8i still works fine, I cannot get WebDB to work.
When I type in my browser the WEBDB URL, after typing the correct user id and password, I get the following message:
"TNS: unable to resolve service name".
Since I used the typical installation options I assume this is a popular problem.
Thanks in advance.