Re: WebDB2.2 Dates become strings in Excel

From: Leo Van Nieuwenhuyse <leo.van.nieuwenhuyse_at_pandora.be>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 15:46:21 GMT

Have a look in your international settings of the windows control panel. Excel takes this dates settings over, your date format should be the same. Montse COLLADOS POLIDURA <Montse.Collados_at_cern.ch> schreef in berichtnieuws 38A293E4.A0F6113E_at_cern.ch...
> Hello,
>
> I am creating a Report with some DATE fields in it.
> I want to import the result into Excel and work with the dates afterwards.
> My problem is that Excel does NOT recognize the DATE fields as such, it
takes them as 'strings'.

> I've seen that the formats of the fields, when WebDB creates the report to
pass it to Excel, are 'strings'.

> Ex. Report Select with output format = Excel :
> select name, date_of_birth, to_char(date_of_birth, 'DD/MM/YYYY')
> from employer
>
> In Excel, both date_of_birth and to_char(date_of_birth...) will have the
same format; even if one should be DATE and the other STRING.