Re: post-query and raise form_trigger-failure

From: Pascal Glauser <glauser_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 20:51:09 GMT

Hi Aleksandar

You could use a stored function in your where-clause that does the filter-logic depending on values of the current row and values out of your form that you pass into the query. If there are many parameters to pass to this function, you may even use a packaged function and put the parameters in advance. For this you will have to declare the isolation-level of the packaged function, see PRAGMA RESTRICT_REFERENCES, however.
This method has the advantage that the logic will be applied in the DB and no non-used rows will be sent over the net.

HTH Pascal Glauser

In article <38A16D5E.228343F7_at_ni.ac.yu>,   Aleksandar Vasic <acko_at_ni.ac.yu> wrote:
> HI everobody,
> I'm developing application using Forms4.5 and i'm experiencing
> problem with quering records:
> I have a database table block that should be queried, but with
> lots of complex restrictions which make it impossible to use where
> clause in block or pre-query trigger; so, i'm trying to use post-query
> trigger and raise form_trigger_failure when some complex conditions
are
> not met.But, it seems that form_trigger_failure clears fetched record,
> but this record stays in a block as empty record !?
> Is there a way to solve this problem without changing that block into
> non-database table block, using cursor, etc..
> I'd appriciate any suggestion,
> Thanks...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Feb 09 2000 - 21:51:09 CET

Original text of this message