Performance of Forms LOV Record Groups

From: <robertdfeinman_at_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 20:11:55 GMT

[Quoted] I have a record group in a form which queries against a fairly complicated view. The where clause of the record group restricts the number of rows to about 20-30 depending on the row in the base table being poplulated.
When I run this via an LOV in the form it takes about 3 minutes to return the values.
If I run the same query in sqlplus by substitution the formal parameters in the lov with the actual values the query return in 10 seconds or so.
Is it possible that the where clause of the query is only applied in the client rather than having the actual values passed to server? Or is there some other reason for the large difference in response time?
--
Robert Feinman, Database Doctor
robertdfeinman_at_netscape.net

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/