Re: Merging Oracle data & Microsoft Word Forms

From: M. Armaghan Saqib <armaghan_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 03:28:27 GMT

I had done exactly this sometime ago but in MS Access as follows:

  1. Create a passthrough query in MS Access to get Oracle data using ODBC.
  2. Create a form to compose email message and buttons etc.
  3. Merge the message with data from Oracle (using some simple lines of code) and send as email (using sendobject macro which uses your existing windows messaging profole to send email).

Free free to email me directly if you want to have other infomration regarding this.

regards,
M. Armaghan Saqib

+---------------------------------------------------------------
+---------------------------------------------------------------

In article <0722a78c.731dbc0b_at_usw-ex0107-050.remarq.com>,   Anne <goodwinakNOgoSPAM_at_kpt.nuwc.navy.mil.invalid> wrote:
> I need to create a process that will dump a flat file of records from
> an Oracle database, merge this data with a Microsoft Word Form, and
> email the merged document to multiple users. The merged document must
> be a 'form', ie., the recipient may only enter data in certain fields
> and the remainder of the field is not modifyable. Has anyone done
this
> before and can offer me some tips?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Feb 09 2000 - 04:28:27 CET

Original text of this message