RE: TOAD

From: Berger, Gene <BERGERGENE_at_PIOS.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 21:31:51 -0500

> Why does Oracle make you buy a product like TOAD
> while Microsoft has those kind of tools built
> into the product?

>>The answer it's very easy.... ON HOW MANY PLATFORM MICROSOFT RUN ?

[Quoted] (Please don't take the response personally ... it is meant for discussion.)

[Quoted] I don't care how many platforms Oracle runs on. We RUN it on one. [Quoted] although I ACCESS the data, procedures, triggers, etc. from a pc. I expect Oracle to write a decent interface like every other software vendor does.

Not keeping up with the times sent Word Perfect, Louts 1-2-3, and many other software vendors to the bottom of the heap.

 Your subscription is set to individual email delivery

"Berger, Gene" wrote:

> Why does Oracle make you buy a product like TOAD
> while Microsoft has those kind of tools built
> into the product?

The answer it's very easy.... ON HOW MANY PLATFORM MICROSOFT RUN ?

Don't forget oracle it's for all kind of unix system + more (nt, vax....) and it's not NECESSARY to have a GUI to manage the database that it's GREAT, I just F.CK the system that you need to load a 20Meg software just to do a update in your database.

Zoil.

 Deja.com: Before you buy.
 http://www.deja.com/

 Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
 Before you buy. Received on Wed Feb 09 2000 - 03:31:51 CET

Original text of this message