Re: Cancelling a Query

From: <pberetta_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 09:39:31 GMT

Martin,

   You might look into the Forms built-ins ABORT_FETCH and ABORT_QUERY, one (or both) of them in a WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger may do what you are looking to do.
Regards,
Paul

In article <87n4en$a9$1_at_uranium.btinternet.com>,   "Martin Jones" <mjones.satisdata_at_btinternet.com> wrote:
> Can anyone help.
>
> I have developed an Ad Hoc query tool using Forms6 over the web. This
uses
> stored procedures
> to build and execute a query and returns a sample set of rows to the
screen.
> What I would like is
> that the user can Press a CANCEL button to abort the query if their
> selectivity was bad and resulted
> in the query taking too long.
>
> Is there a simple way I can track the executing query and cancel it on
> demand.
>
> Regards
> Martin Jones

> ------
> Oracle Certified Professional - DBA
> Oracle Certified Professional - Application Developer

> ------

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Feb 08 2000 - 10:39:31 CET

Original text of this message