OAS 4081 PL/SQL cartridge performs like a dog on NT

From: Michael Cretan <mcretan_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 09:27:59 +1100

Hi,

[Quoted] We're using the PL/SQL cartridge of OAS 4.0.8.1 on NT4 (SP5) to access a Oracle 8.0.5.0.0 DB on another NT4 (SP6a) box, and despite the fact that Oracle claims to have made this product super quick, I'm about to revert to [Quoted] OAS 4.0.7.1 due to performance problems.

My problem The first request to the cartridge takes about 10-15 seconds before it even accesses the database, then the oraweb40 process goes to 100% [Quoted] processor usage for the duration of a request to the DB. Subsequent requests [Quoted] don't have the long initial wait, but the processor usage is still flat out. [Quoted] We're running an Intel PIII 500 with 128MB.

I posted a message last week on this, and heard from 3 or 4 people that had [Quoted] similar problems.

My question is this:

  1. has anyone had this problem and solved it ? or b) has anyone installed OAS4081 on an NT box that is actually as quick or [Quoted] quicker than OAS4071 ? or c) is OAS on NT just a sick joke

Many thanks

Mike

Mike Cretan
Oracle Consultant