Re: Oracle Application Server 4.0

From: Tim Eyres <tim.eyres_at_genedata.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 18:27:36 +0100

Epix News wrote:

> I've installed 4.0 on Linux and I'm able to get to the Server Manager page.
> We're evaluating this on a "Try and Buy" basis.....but we can't even get the
> thing going....thus no evaluation.
>
> When I try to fire up ALL servers (wrbcfg, wrblog, wrbroker, .....) I get
> the following:
>
> Resource file /usr/data/app/oracle/admin/orb/resources.ora can not be found.
> Using default values for all resources.

These resource file messages occur probably because the createion of resources.ora was not done correctly upon installation. Take a look at /sys/oracle8/orainst/os.log and you'll find the following command line

/sys/oracle8/orb/4.0/bin/mnconfig -o /sys/oracle8/orb/4.0 -s /sys/oracle8/admin/orb/www -n 2649 -m <server name>.(none) -d 2651 -p 20000 -l /sys/oracle8/orb/4.0/wmt -w admin -f

where <server name> is the name of the server running the app server. YOu may find however that the .(none) is causing you problems and should be removed.

> Please wait while the command is being processed on host alpha ...
> Starting ORB processes...
> waiting for ORB to be ready...
> ORB is not responding. Please restart manually...
> OWS-20214: The OAS processes can not be started, because the CORBA orb
> processes can not be started.

This is as far as I got, if anybody has a solution please mail me as well!

Ta

Tim Eyres
(tim.eyres_at_genedata.com) Received on Mon Feb 07 2000 - 18:27:36 CET

Original text of this message