How do you do this with a checkbox???

From: Richard Hollingsworth <william.hollingsworth_at_hsv.boeing.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 16:54:41 GMT

[Quoted] Hi folks. Thanks for reading this.

[Quoted] I have an 8.0.5 database and I'm using Forms 2.1.

I have a field in the db called "EFFECT_ON" which is a varchar2(10) filed.

On my form, I wnat 4 checkboxes....1. Hardware, 2. Software, 3. Documentation, 4. Other.

Rather than having 4 seperate fields in the db, I want just one.

How do I get multiple values stuffed into this one field in the db?

Can you group checkboxes like you can radio buttons?

How about using a trigger that fires when you complete checking boxes that will use a select into statement that concatenates all four checkboxes and places that into the db field?

Any ideas on how to do this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard Hollingsworth Received on Mon Feb 07 2000 - 17:54:41 CET

Original text of this message