Re: Form Builder puzzle

From: Brian W. Chester <bwchester_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 15:07:42 GMT

John,

[Quoted] [Quoted] A check constraint at the database level will cause increased traffic as the [Quoted] [Quoted] database must inform the application that the insert or update operation has [Quoted] failed. As well you will have to code in exceptions to handle it to tell the user why the operation has failed.

[Quoted] [Quoted] A number mask is probably getting close to the solution but as I have found [Quoted] out from experience only forces the user to use more zeros!. Of course, [Quoted] [Quoted] there is no way I am aware of, to ensure that the telephone number is valid but the things I check for are:
[Quoted] [Quoted] - Are all the digits the same? If so reject it, [Quoted] - Are the first three or the last four digits identical? If so, ask the user for verification!

HTH. Brian