question about menu

From: <wozi_at_dhc.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 10:36:12 -0800

[Quoted] I created a multi-record block based on scott.emp table. I am able to see all records after execute_query. I also have a button on the
canvas. The code on the button is: message(:EMP.ENAME); This displays the ename
[Quoted] where the record pointer is on the block. This is working ok. Very simple.

BUT, I have a menu attached to the form module. On one of the menu item, the [Quoted] code is the same as the one above: Message(:EMP.ENAME);

The code on the menu does not compile. I get 'bad bind variable'. I need to be able to know at runtime the value of ename so I can use it to process other
[Quoted] information in my application.

any help will be appreciated. please also reply to ozigbo_at_hotmail.com

thanks Received on Sun Feb 06 2000 - 19:36:12 CET

Original text of this message