Re: Russian Hackers Offer Databases

From: <pberetta_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2000 13:50:23 GMT

Chris,
  I find it disgusting too. However, I don't think privacy has become rarer, I think that it has just become harder to maintain our illusion of privacy. Even thirty years ago, if you bought something by mailorder,  or even purchased something locally from a 'National Retailer' that you had to give your name and address (either for home delivery of a large item or for something where a bill of sale was required), you usually found yourself on several new mailing lists. Almost twenty years ago, I purchased a scanner, and found out that cordless telephones and wireless intercoms are RADIOS - before this there were party lines and operators. Computers have only changed the scale and the speed of information exchange, not the fact.

Regards,
Paul Beretta

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Feb 06 2000 - 14:50:23 CET

Original text of this message