Re: Russian Hackers Offer Databases

From: S. Whitmore <rattlesnake_at_uninova.zzn.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2000 20:41:35 GMT

I wouldn't worry too much about the accuracy of the databases that are being offered by "Russian Hackers" -- from my own personal experience I've found that even a commercially-distributed database of that nature can be largely inaccurate by the time you buy it. The "Russian Hackers" have data that is probably even more stale than that. Of more concern, privacy-wise, is the up-to-date databases of credit card companies.

Privacy is indeed rare, as long as you rely on modern technology. Even interacting with a modern government -- which now thinks it has the right to know everything about you -- makes it difficult to enjoy any real privacy. :-(

--
S. Whitmore  (rattlesnake_at_uninova.zzn.com)
Two-tier affiliate program with no minimum payout:

On Fri, 04 Feb 2000 11:08:42 -0800, Chris Ettling
<chris_ettling_at_atkensingtonlabsdot.com> wrote:

>I don't know about anyone else, but I find this rather disgusting.
>
>The sad part about it is -- many 'legitimate' organizations do
>the same thing. Privacy has become an increasingly rare
>commodity.
>
>Chris Ettling
>
>hackbase wrote:
>>
>> Russian Hackers Offer Databases