Re: Accessing the data from remote DB ?

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 11:17:53 -0500

A copy of this was sent to Marian ZUREK <zurek_at_cern.ch> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Fri, 4 Feb 2000 16:30:12 +0100, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>How can I fetch data from another database, i.e. simply
>
>being logged on the database A as a user userA
>I want to select/update data on the database B as a user userB

when logged into database a

create database link databaseb connect to userb identified by password using 'connect_string_to_database_b';

and then

select * from T_at_databaseb

or update t_at_database set ....

--
See http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/ for my columns 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'...
Current article is "Part I of V, Autonomous Transactions" updated June 21'st