Re: URG : Designer Diagrams extraction ?

From: <aphastum_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 16:11:33 GMT

Thanks a lot for your response.

We used Publisher/2000 in the past for RTF Generation, but we are trying to find an alternative because of Solutron ceasing of activity. We will probably develop a special tool for that.

Thanks again.
Mustapha Benmahbous (aphastum_at_yahoo.com)

In article <3896D135.FCA91A50_at_home.com>,   joelracicot_at_home.com wrote:
> There used to be a company called Solutron who
made an interesting product
> called Publisher/2000, which came in two
versions, one to generate
> documentation (Word, WP format) and one for web.
We used the web version
> for publishing dataflow diagrams to the web
dynamically. The tool worked
> well, although the scripting language is a bit
cryptic (what scripting
> language isn't). The cost for an unlimited
licence was $25,000 US. Their
> licencing scheme was a bit odd (charge by the
hit).

> Unfortunately, they ceased operations before
Christmas. There is still a
> support guy in Florida, who, if I remember
correctly was a sub-contractor
> for Solutron. I think he can be reached at
solutron_at_tampabay.rr.com. He
> might be able to help you out.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Mustapha Benmahbous wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I'am new to the Oracle Community and i'm
looking for a good reporting
> > tool to use with the Oracle Repository. Does
anyone knows how to extract
> > image files of Designer diagrams ? I need
these diagrams to use with an
> > external reporting tool. The Oracle Designer
digramer tools such as ERD
> > or FHD, deos not really work as a good OLE
server.

> > I'am looking for some coding ideas or
commercial tools.

> > I.am using Oracle Designer 2.1 on Windows NT.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > aphastum
> >
> > Please reply to : aphastum_at_yahoo.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Feb 04 2000 - 17:11:33 CET

Original text of this message