SQLLoader with direct path?

From: Nikulitsa Andrey <nik_at_trais.ilyichevsk.odessa.ua>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 14:06:48 +0200

We are going to move from Clipper to Oracle 7.3 for Netware 4.11. We are planning to load converted data into Oracle by SQLLoader. There are two loading methods: indirect and direct. First mthod is very slow. So, we decided to use the direct method of loading data. The loading into Personal Oracle (on Windows 95) runs without any problems. But when we attempt to load from client into Oracle on Netware server, we get error "ORA-02352 direct path connection must be homogeneous". If we run the loading directly on Netware server (SQLLOAD.NLM) then text in national (Russian) encoding is wrongly stored regardless of encoding used in the files, which are loaded by the SQLLoader. Questions:
1. Can we generally load data by the direct method into Oracle for Netware from Windows 95 Oracle client? And how we can? 2. How we can correctly load Russian text on Netware server with Oracle. What we need to tune up? Oracle or Netware or both? Received on Fri Feb 04 2000 - 13:06:48 CET

Original text of this message