Re: User Interface for selecting a file

From: Yves DEBIZET <yves.debizet_at_mc2.fr>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 17:12:30 +0100

Two questions in your thread:

  1. How to allow the web-based client interface for selecting a file from the local drive ? Within a FORM HTML tag <select type=file .... > or something like this (see an HTML4 reference)
  2. How to upload a file using WebDB ? It does not seem to be easily feasible using WebDB components (it should be possible in future release 3 dixit Oracle support) However, WebDB Site includes an upload facility for itself. It seems that it can be used programatically; see a thread by mailto:leo.van.nieuwenhuyse_at_pandora.be in news:comp.database.oracle.tools with title Re: File upload using WebDB ? (you should use http://www.deja.com to find this thread). I have not yet tried his solution.

Consider another possibility: using the WebDB cartridge in an Oracle Application Server 4.0.7. OAS 4.0.7 includes the file uploading possibility.

(As-tu compris mon anglais ?)

--
Yves DEBIZET
mailto:yves.debizet_at_mc2.fr