Re: PL/SQL ALTER SESSION SET Date format?

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 22:02:47 GMT

The NLS_DATE_FORMAT change is not needed to get the result you want...

The DATE datatype format internally always includes the date/time info, so a select to_char(sysdate,'fmMON DD,YYYY HHfm:MI:SS PM) should get the results you want into v_date - on my system, with a NLS_DATE_FORMAT of DD-MON-YYYY, I get the following:

SQL> select to_char(sysdate,'fmMON DD,YYYY HHfm:MI:SS PM') from dual;

TO_CHAR(SYSDATE,'FMMONDD,YYYYHHFM:MI:SSPM')

FEB 2,2000 4:01:58 PM SQL> hth,