Re: Need help to install Oracle Developer

From: Scott Kronheim <skronheim_at_synertechsystems.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 12:02:46 -0500

You probably DO NOT have to reinstall Win98 or worry about a corrupted registry - the illegal operation is quite likely coming from the Oracle installer software. If you are using the version that was shipped on the Developer CDs, it's not Y2K compliant. There are two solutions: 1. Download the Y2K compliant version of the Oracle installer from Oracle's web site and use it to install Developer. 2. Set the date on your PC back to sometime in 1999, install the software using the installer that came on your Developer CD, then reset the date on your PC to the current date.

Hope that helps!

--
Scott Kronheim