segfaulting while running sqlplus on linux

From: Erik Norvelle <norvelle_at_ag.arizona.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 03:50:29 -0700

Folks:

[Quoted] I have installed Oracle8i standard edition on RedHat 6.1, and have applied [Quoted] the 8.1.5.0.2 patches, which seemed to apply successfully. Everything works, except for the sqlplus command, which segfaults whenever I connect. [Quoted] It does this whether I connect to the local server, or to another server.

[Quoted] Has anyone heard of this behavior before, and if so, is there a solution?

Thanks,
Erik Norvelle

--------------------------------------------+

[Quoted] Erik Norvelle                               |
Support Systems Analyst, Sr.                |
The University of Arizona                   |
College of Agriculture                      |
Educational Communications and Technologies |
email:  norvelle_at_ag.arizona.edu             |
phone:  520-621-7663                        |
fax:    520-621-9889                        |

Credo in unum Deum |