WebDB don't start after installation- Was: WebDB - can't install

From: Stuart Turton <sturton_at_maderich.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 00:55:04 +0000

[Quoted] I've got a related problem with the approximately the same setup

WIN NT 4.0 Service Pack 3

Oracle Home - Personal 8i 8.15

Another Oracle Home - OEM 2.0.4

Another Oracle Home - WebDB 2.0

                                (initially with no NET80\ADMIN\TNSNAMES.ORA)

I can connect to my database via wedb/webdb athlon in sqlplus and OEM's sqlplus worksheet.

I have just (finally) installed WebDB and I have modified the default WebDB DAD to connect to athlon instead of the default connect string (WEBDB).

I can connect to http://athlon:80/WebDB/admin_/gateway.htm and http://athlon:80/WebDB/admin_/listener.htm

When I try to connect to http://athlon:80/WebDB/ I get 'Database Login failed'

Which Oracle home is it using to get its connection information? In desperation I copied the Net80 information from the OEM Home to the WebDB home, but no joy.

Anyone have any suggestions?