Re: TOAD

From: GHouck <hksys_at_teleport.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 15:58:20 -0800

Susan Paolini wrote:

> I recommend a cheaper product from www.benthicsoftware.com Their Golden
> Goldview & GOld PLSQL are $100 for the suite & do what toad does. This is
> why toad is giving theirs away but don't be fooled. The gold group includes
> the debugger. Toad charges for that.
>
> "Berger, Gene" <BERGERGENE_at_PIOS.com> wrote in message
> > Why does Oracle make you buy a product like TOAD
> > while Microsoft has those kind of tools built
> > into the product?
> >
> > (This is not a derogatory statement about TOAD
> > which is a great product.)
> >

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

I am just curious what there is to be "fooled" about in TOAD? There's a free version and a commercial version. No hidden agenda. No sleight of hand. I'm sure the free and commercial versions of TOAD have saved many sites thousands of dollars ... is there some reason an Oracle employee objects to that?

Yours,

Geoff Houck
systems hk
hksys_at_teleport.com