using oracle as document management system

From: Nicolas Stern <nicolas.stern_at_psi.ch>
Date: 2000/02/01

Hi

[Quoted] [Quoted] would anyone have hints on how to use an Oracle RDBMS as a web-based document management system with full text retrieval capability. We are here looking for very general statements on what tools could be adequate.

We have experience on building web-based applications with form server and with OAS and PL/SQL -cartridge. Our idea would be to store the documents (e.g. *.pdf, *.doc) in the database in a long raw column. In this configuration, how could full-text search be provided. How do we build the indexes be build ?

Could anyone state if this is a correct approach, or do we have better turn out to a third - party document management system ? Does anyone have suggestion for a product ?

Any input is welcome - many thanks Received on Tue Feb 01 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message