Re: how to convert forms 3.0 to 4.5 and newer?

From: <synistyr_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 18:34:37 GMT

Run oracle generate

f45gen formname user/pass upgrade=yes

This will convert your .inp to a .fmb, but if you need GUI enhancements, I'd recommend looking at some of the automated conversion tools ($$$) out there.

There are 'issues' with automated tools, I'd recommend weighing your options carefully.

In article <948814734.23307.0.pluto.d4ee2f03_at_news.demon.nl>,   "Chroma" <test_at_chromazone.demon.nl> wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how to convert oracle forms 3.0 (INP) files to
forms 4.5
> or newer? I suppose I should use the forms 4.5 generator, but this
doesn't
> seem to work at all, although I refer to my .inp 3.0 file as the one
to be
> converted. It just gives me some messages listing all set generation
> parameters, after which it closes down without any failure/succes
messages
> and a converted file cannot be found nowhere.
>
> Are there any extra's I should know? Or is there a more convenient
> conversion tool available?
>
> Thanx,
>
> Martijn
> ChromaZone Publishing, Amsterdam, Holland

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Feb 01 2000 - 19:34:37 CET

Original text of this message