Re: Tool to Measure the Complexity of PL/SQL

From: Mike Tarrani <mtarrani_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 13:07:04 -0800

Graphing PL/SQL code using nodes and edges should be fairly easy to do by hand, unless the code runs to more than a few thousand lines. There is typically not a lot of branching activity or calls in the PL/SQL programs that I have seen, which might make computing a cyclomatic complexity factor more of an interesting exercise than an activity that will yield useful results. Two reasons to determine a program's cyclomatic complexity factor are finding out how testable the program is and how maintainable the code is.