Re: Something like toad for Linux

From: Phil Bolduc <pbolduc_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 21:09:24 GMT

Has anyone tried running TOAD via WINE? Of course you would have to have SQL*Net installed under Windows first.

Phil Bolduc
North Vancouver, BC Canada

In article <84ch9d$ks5$1_at_inet16.us.oracle.com>,   "Oracle Enterprise Internet Tools Product Management" <no_replies_at_uk.oracle.com> wrote:
> Point 1 - I asked the guy who wrote TOAD and he said he will NOT be
porting
> TOAD to Linux
> Point 2 - Download it for free from technet.oracle.com
>
> --
> Regards
>
> Jason
>

> __
>
> Jason Pepper - Enterprise Internet Tools Product Management
>

> __
>
> Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle
Corporation

> Vigi98 <hubera_at_caramail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Does anybody knows if there is an Oracle tool such as TOAD, but for
Linux
> ?
> > For those who do not know TOAD, it is something like the
SQLWorksheet of
> > Oracle but it is far more powerful and user friendly. You can find
it at
> > www.toad.com I think.
> >
> > And second question (which should have been the first) : what have
I to do
> > to configure my PC as an Oracle client under Linux ? Is there any
rpm on
> > internet ? Does Oracle send a free CDROM of Oracle 8 ? And so on...
> >
> > Thank you for all your answers, the URLs you could give me, etc.
> >
> > Merry Christmas !!!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 29 1999 - 22:09:24 CET

Original text of this message