Re: application server wont start

From: <puthli_r_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 13:44:42 GMT

Raj,

I'm having problems with app server 4.081 on NT 4.0 with SP4. What does yt40.dll do?
Could you email me a copy?

Thanks in advance,
Robin Puthli

In article <386342a5.0_at_news.highway1.com.au>,   "Raj Silva" <yoda_at_indigo.net.au> wrote:
> There is a way to get app server 4.07 wroking on sp4 & 5. You need to
get
> hold of the yt40.dll which I'm sure is availavble on the oracle site
and
> replace the one on your machne. If you cannot find the dll need the
it
> please email me and I'll email the dll.
>
> bye
>
> Raj
> admin <svoelkel_at_igd.fhg.de> wrote in message
> > hi!
> >
> > 2 things first. this is my first postiong in this newsgroup and i
first
> > looked for this problem in c.d.o.tools,misc,server :)
> >
> > we have here windows nt 4.0 sp5 with oracle 8i, enterprise manager
2.0.4
> and
> > apllication sevrer 4.0.7. after spending two weaks i finally got the
em
> and
> > the db up :) but as wont start.
> >
> > the as,em and db have diffrent oracle homes. which is a must be
because of
> > the programms (according to the manuals)
> >
> > after the installation i went through the post-install steps,
connect to
> the
> > machine with http://host:8888 (node manager port) which works fine.
then
> oas
> > manager, klick on all, then on start:
> >
> > Please wait while the command is being processed on host pc761 ...
> > Starting ORB processes...
> > Returning filename D:\Oracle\as\orb\admin\.event
> > waiting for ORB to be ready...
> > ORB is not responding. Please restart manually...
> > OWS-20214: The OAS processes can not be started, because the CORBA
orb
> > processes can not be started.
> >
> > this is all i get of loggin information. no other error reporting
duh

> > then i searched through the registry to find the command line vor
the www
> > stuff (listener and sevrer) and entered that on the command line
which
> left
> > me with:
> >
> > Information: Listening on NORM port 8080 address 0.0.0.0
> > Error: Logging not initialized
> > Information: Application init function oracle_adp_init returned
> > ADI_FATALINIT
> >
> > btw command line was: D:\Oracle\as\ows\4.0\bin\oraweb40.exe -C
> > D:\Oracle\as\ows\admin\website40\httpd_pc761\www\svwww.cfg -L www -s
> > website40 -o D:\Oracle\as -p

D:\Oracle\as\ows\4.0\bin;D:\Oracle\as\orb\admin\cgi;D:\Oracle\as\orb\bin ;D:\
> > Oracle\as\ots\bin;D:\Oracle\as\bin
> >
> > now i added a new dad, but and tried to restart de oraweb40.exe ...
but it
> > bailed out again with the same error message :|.
> >
> > after that i tried to start the processes by hand (at the
command-prompt):

> > mnmon40
> > mnlogsrv40
> > mnorbsrv40
> > mnorbmet40
> > mncnmsrv40
> >
> > mnlogsrv40 waited for some time and then returned with:
> >
> > UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: yz::no_ORACLE_HOME in program
> > abnormal program termination
> >
> > the command line switch -o %ORACLE_HOME% wont wokr like with the
> > website40.exe and i couldnt find any information which switches to
use ur
> > witch switches are possible with the mnlogsrv40.
> >
> > so thats it. im out of ideas and hope you can help me
> >
> > thx in advance
> >
> > stefan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Dec 28 1999 - 14:44:42 CET

Original text of this message