Re: WHERE COULD I FIND DOCS ABOUT HINTS ?

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 08:15:28 -0500

A copy of this was sent to Joël Dessart <jocky_at_bigfoot.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Tue, 28 Dec 1999 11:01:56 +0100, you wrote:

>Hi !
>
>I'm working with an Oracle 8.0.5 database, and I'm facing
>some difficulties to find accurate docs about definition and
>use of hints in the queries. I always find papers where
>it's said hints are possible with a very simple example with
>"first row" ... Do you know where I could find
>much more comprehensive infos ?
>
> Thanks in advance !
>
> Joel Dessart
> IT Consultant, Brussels
>
>Please mail me at mailto:jocky_at_bigfoot.com

that would be in the server tuning manual

http://technet.oracle.com/doc/server.804/a58246/toc.htm

has a copy online if you do not. You need a password to get it from there -- accounts are free and you sign up online.

--
See http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/ for my columns 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'...
Current article is "Part I of V, Autonomous Transactions" updated June 21'st