Re: Cascading deletes and ORACLE

From: Xuening Sun <ba503_at_torfree.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 01:27:41 GMT

Hi, Casey,

 You can find information at http://technet.oracle.com/, or Oracle7/8 manuals (hard copy or CDs). The basic syntax is

 alter table referencing_table add constraint constraint_name foreign key (id1, id2, id3...) references referenced_table (r_id1, r_id2, r_id3...) on delete cascade; (for Oracle7)

 alter table referencing_table add constraint constraint_name foreign key (id1, id2, id3...) references referenced_table (r_id1, r_id2, r_id3...) on delete cascade [or on delete set NULL]; (for Oracle8)

Lorne Sun

Casey Claiborne (mscasey_at_fnord.io.com) wrote:
: Hello -

: Where can one find information on how to set up Cascading Deletes in
: ORACLE? In other words, if I delete a parent row, all of the children
: associated with the parent row are deleted as well.

: I would greatly appreaciate any information on the subject.

: TIA

: Casey :)