dev2000, stored procedure, change password

From: <daud11_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 05:22:33 GMT

Hi

I am trying to create a form using D2K to allow user to change password. However, I am having a little problem.

First I have created a procedure 'chgpwd'. In my form, I call this procedure passing it the username and new password. This works fine if I log on using the user who created the procedure 'chgpwd'. However, if I log on using any other user it fails with message ora 01031 - insufficient privilege. I dont understand why because I have already granted 'execute' on that procedure to PUBLIC and I have also created a public synonym for it. What am I missing?

Well, I have found an easier way to allow user to change password using forms_dll() but I still would like to know why the above does not work.

Regards
daud11

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Dec 26 1999 - 06:22:33 CET

Original text of this message