Problem with Direct Oracle Access in Delphi 5

From: Norman Dunbar <ndunbar_at_lynxfinancialsystems.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 10:01:18 -0000

Adam,

[Quoted] the message may be misleading as the dll in question may have failed to load another dll that it requires. To find out which other dlls are required, use quick view (explorer, right click oci.dll and choose quick view) to view the 'contents' of the dll and not the names of the dlls that it imports from. You shoiuld look for the 'import table' section and note the names of all the dlls that appear there. All of these (and their own dependencies) must be on your path.

Alternatively, use something like dependency walker which I think is available from Microsoft somewhere - I don't have a URL but I do have a zipfile which I have mailed separately to your email address.

Regards,

Norman.