Pro*C on Oracle 8i/Linux dumps core

From: Joe Hopkins <jhopkin_at_ljss.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 22:47:46 -0500

Is anyone having difficulty with Pro*C under Oracle 8i (8.1.5) EE dumping core with a segmentation violation & a return code of 139?

I'm running RH 6.0, glibc 2.1, oracle 8i. The install was a <<REAL>> pain, so I really don't have a ton of confidence in it.

.pc code compiles ok under 8.0.5.1 EE Pro*C, but cores out on 8i running under RH 6.0 LInux, & HPUX 11.0. Shared libraries are ok.

Installs of 8i have been a nuisance on AIX, Linux, & HPUX. All sorts of issues from aliases of 'rm' as /usr/local/bin/rm in the make files to targets not appearing in make files, bad rules, etc.

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing and wishing deeply for orainst or am I losing my touch?

Thanks!
Joe Hopkins Received on Thu Dec 23 1999 - 04:47:46 CET

Original text of this message