Re: Installing Oracle 8 Personal edition-- ORA-205 error

From: Leo Van Nieuwenhuyse <leo.van.nieuwenhuyse_at_pandora.be>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 22:46:06 +0100

I had the same problems, can be solved by: 1) Configuring net8
2) start the listener
to start the listener: $oracle_home\BIN\LSNRCTL.EXE START listener and to stop it: $oracle_home\BIN\LSNRCTL.EXE STOP listener. Now it works fine (Did not use any local ipc connection but a tcp-loopback on my localhost).

SJ <sajijohn_at_netcom.ca> schreef in berichtnieuws JEP64.198939$5r2.502786_at_tor-nn1.netcom.ca...
> I installed a trial version of Oracle 8 Personal editon and was able to
> connect to the database. But soon after I installed Developer 6.0, I am
> unable to access Oracle. But while connecting to the database, I get
ORA-205