Re: WebDB 2.1.0.9.3 Listener installation problems

From: Eugene Popov <epopov_at_rdtex.msk.ru>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 16:04:32 +0300

Hey, I didn't have problems with installing packages! It went Ok! The installer falled before beginning any installation, no matter what I was trying to install - even only listener.
All these "amazing" things are described in maninst.htm in DOC folder of the WebDB distribution disk. So I was just trying to follow Oracle instructions on manual installation.
By now I only have temporary decision - I installed WebDB 2.0 listener and use it with WebDB 2.1 packages. It works, but... rcf <rcf_at_wxs.nl> wrote in message news:83p0um$30tf$1_at_reader3.wxs.nl...
> You've done some amazing things!
> I've posted this one earlier on this group. Maybe it helps (let me know):
> I've experienced the same thing. The problem is that the combined length
of
> names of your tablespaces exceeds the total of 255 characters (check
this).
> To solve this, do the following:
> 1. Copy the entire cd to your harddisk ('only' 137 MB) so that you can
make
> changes to files
> 2. Change the file FINDTS.SQL (in WWV20): Add an extra condition to the
> SELECT-statement, like:
> ( select TABLESPACE_NAME from sys.dba_tablespaces where tablespace_name
not
> like '%703%' )
> Now, the total of tablespace names won't exceed the 255 limit
> 3. Install from hard disk.
>
> Eugene Popov <epopov_at_rdtex.msk.ru> wrote in message
> > Hi!
> > I'm trying to install webdb v2.1.0.9.3 (listener version 2.1.0.9.5) on
NT4