Re: Oracle Forms Radio Buttons question

From: wozi <wozi_at_dhc.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 22:45:18 -0800

Assume you have a the following:
Block_name is :my_block
Radio group is gender
radio buttons are male(M) and female (F)

the following code can be used to check which radio button is checked. In when-radio-button trigger, try

IF :my_block.gender = 'M' then -- male radio button was clicked

   .... your sql statement
elsif :my_block.gender = 'F' then -- female radio button was clicked

   .... your sql statement
 else

    message('You must make a selection') end if;

OR

IF :my_block.gender = 'M' then -- male radio button was clicked

   .... your sql statement
else -- female radio button was clicked

   .... your sql statement
end if;

good luck

Geoff White wrote in message <38603002.52EC4261_at_ccis.adisys.com.au>...
>The buttons put their value into their Radio Group. So to find out the
value
>just check the Radio Group. There isn't any way of checking an individual
button
>to see if it is selected or not.
>
>HTH
>Geoff
>

>Andy wrote:
>
>> Can someone please tell me how to check if a radio button has been
>> selected. In VB, for example, I would just check the "value" property
>> of the radio button to see if it is "true" which indicates that it is
>> selected.
>> What would I do in Forms to determine if a particular radio button has
>> been chosen? I have assigned values to each button and I know that
>> which ever button is chosen determines the value of the radio button
>> group, but I do not know how to check this value in the code.
>>
>> Hope this makes sense...thanks for your help!
>>
>> Andy
>>
>> * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion
Network *