Re: DEV2000 FRM-30312:Failed to Compile Library

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 22 Dec 1999 04:21:45 GMT

>Hello AND HELP!
>
>We have a re-occurring problem with
>generating library files (.pll's) to .plx files.
>
>We are using the
>16-bit Develeoper 2000 1.3.2 forms Generator (version: 4.5.7.15.5)
>AND testing
>the 32-bit Developer 2000 1.6.1 forms generator (version: 4.5.10.6.0).
>
>On most of our Win95 machines, we get the error: FRM-30312:Failed to compile
>the library.
>We are running this from the generator itself, not from a batch file.
>The library compiles fine when choosing "Compile All" from the form
>Designer. We get the error only when using the generator only.
>
>We have one win95 machine that will compile the libraries.
>We have one win98 machine that generated the libraries once,
>but the next day, it wouldn't!
>
>I know how frustrating it can be when users exclaim that "It was working
>yesterday!"
>However, I do not have a clue as to why this is happening.
>The FORMS45_PATH and GRAPHICS25_PATH are set correctly in the oracle.ini
>file (16-bit version) and in the registry (32-bit) version.
>We have environment variables TEMP and TMP set to writable directories.
>
>Has ANYONE encountered this before? Any suggestions?
>
>Thank you!

I assume you mean the FORMS45_PATH in the registry...

The problem is probably in your paths, as you have surmised. What is probably happening is that one or more of the PLLs reference another PLL/PLX that is not in directory in the FORMS45_PATH, but is in the local directory when you compile it in Forms. It seems to me that the local path changes when you open a module, so look carefully. When you are looking make sure you have PLLs AND PLXs. That bit me last week - I copied all the PLXs in the directory to the staging area, but the app did not work because the source area had a PLL, but no corresponding PLX. The "missing" PLX was never copied to the staging area. Once the PLX was generated and copied, all was fine.

One way to test this is to take the working directories out of the FORM45_PATH, and copy the FMB somewhere else.The ideal place would be the production directory. When you open it, you will get a message about "couldn't open attached library". Check the names of each of them until you find the missing one.

Hope this helps

Dan Hekimian-Williams Received on Wed Dec 22 1999 - 05:21:45 CET

Original text of this message