Re: Oracle Forms Radio Buttons question

From: <pberetta_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 01:52:31 GMT

Andy,
  With Oracle radio groups, you do not check the value of the button, you check the value of the group. When you select a radio button, the value of the group changes to that of the selected button, but you evaluate the value of the group as in:

IF :radio_block_name.radio_group_name = 'TRUE' THEN   do something
ELSE
  do something else
END IF;   If you want something to happen immediately when a button is selected, you can add a WHEN-RADIO-CHANGED trigger to the radio group and code it as you please. If you just want to populate a column with the value selected, you can do this in that same trigger, or write a PRE-INSERT and/or PRE-UPDATE trigger to do it. The assignment is pretty straightforward;

  :data_block_name.item_name := :radio_block_name.radio_group_name;

substituting the appropriate block and column names. Hope this helps,
Paul

In article <07ad677c.7c7e66f7_at_usw-ex0102-015.remarq.com>,   Andy <abruskoNOabSPAM_at_binney-smith.com.invalid> wrote:
> Can someone please tell me how to check if a radio button has been
> selected. In VB, for example, I would just check the "value" property
> of the radio button to see if it is "true" which indicates that it is
> selected.
> What would I do in Forms to determine if a particular radio button has
> been chosen? I have assigned values to each button and I know that
> which ever button is chosen determines the value of the radio button
> group, but I do not know how to check this value in the code.
>
> Hope this makes sense...thanks for your help!
>
> Andy
>
> * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion
Network *
> The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet -
Free!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 22 1999 - 02:52:31 CET

Original text of this message