Re: Need Help Moving 7.3.3 DBs to 7.3.4

From: Phung Hoang-Vu <hoang-vu_at_freesurf.ch>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 16:16:24 +0100

Hi,

I don't think there is any procedure to do what you ask for. Because each oracle database is complexed, it is associated to a unique instance. There are problems in moving users / grants/ tablespaces /quotas all of sort...

A suggestion however: Create for example for each remote database, a user (or several) on Oracle 7.3.4. Then try to import objects from remote database
to this user.

Or associate each instance to a NT box and then create a distributed databases.
I don't think it is good to have even 2 instances in an NT boxes. NT is known
to crash often.

Maybe other people have a better idea ?
Hoang-Vu PHUNG.