From: Tony Gravagno <tonyg_at_picksys.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 17:33:53 -0800

Hyperion Systems wrote:

> Hmm, a cgi-to-email form that sends your credit card information to
> Russia? No thanks.
>
> - John

Agreed. This is another example of Stupid Internet Tricks. I wonder how many people will bite at the bait though. I'm also wondering why this was targeted at database newsgroups. They probably were just targeting 'n' newsgroups per message to avoid a Spam-bot somewhere and all of us wonderful database environments were luck enough to be included together..

Don't go for it folks. Only give your credit card to reputable websites over secured forms. How can you tell? Welcome to the net.

--
Tony Gravagno - Pick Systems
Corporate Technical Account Manager