Re: Setting an item's property from another Form

From: <rtproffitt_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 17:59:16 GMT

I agree with Dan...
I have done this sort of thing often...
One Form sets a global to "send a message" to another Form. It is the called Form's responsibility to check for any "messages"

   Default_Value('no','global.TheMessageFlag');    If :global.TheMessageFlag = 'xxxx' Then

        etc.
   End If;
   Erase('global.TheMessageFlag');
In my case, the flag is a one time instantaneous message. In your case, perhaps don't erase it.

Furthermore, you could have a global procedure in a library attached to all modules...
In my case, it is called InitGlobals (do all the setup that every form always needs, in your case perhaps Check_Language_Flag, etc.)...
Every Pre-Form (or when-new-instance, in your case) is coded to call InitGlobals first thing. ...systematic, clean, consistent.... works well for us.

Robert Proffitt

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Dec 16 1999 - 18:59:16 CET

Original text of this message