Re: Oracle Discoverer - Query time estimate....

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 17:40:11 +0800

John A. Pearson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Question: Is there a way to speed up this estimate function?
>
> I have run into a few instances were this function takes too long,
> (+2 mins.)....
>
> Then when you execute the query, the results come back in no
> time flat (1 sec approx.)
>
> Any ideas out there on this.
>
> Thanks in advance,

Check the readme.wri that comes with Discoverer. It outlines some registry keys and some init.ora parameters that can be used to:

  • remove the check
  • alter the time it takes to make the check

etc

HTH

Connor McDonald
"These views mine, no-one elses etc etc"
connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."