WebDB 2.1.0.9.3 Listener installation problems

From: Eugene Popov <epopov_at_rdtex.msk.ru>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 18:35:16 +0300

Hi!
I'm trying to install webdb v2.1.0.9.3 (listener version 2.1.0.9.5) on NT4 SP5, Oracle 8.0.5.1.5. Automatic installation failed with error "Unbound variable 'bla-bla-bla'" on "Analyzing dependances" stage. I tried to do manual installation. I made the following steps: 1. Installed PL/SQL packages and WebDB packages into database 2. Copied executables of listener to ORACLE_HOME\bin and other files to ORACLE_HOME\listener\cfg
3. Set environment variable WV_GATEWAY_CFG
4. Copied wdbctrl.cpl to the appropriate location
5. Registered the service by running "wdblsnr -install host 80"
6. Tried to start the service by running "wdblsnr -console host 80". It said
that it cannot find Registry parameter WEBDB_HOME. Nevertheless I started the listener from Services window.
7. Tried to access listener configuration form by http://<host>/admin_/gateway.htm. It displayed "The page cannot be displayed" page. Using port number didn't help, too. I tried to install the service on another port (4000) - nothing worked. The Listener itself is started.
So, I still cannot access neither static nor dynamic pages of WebDB. Did I do something wrong? Did anyone have similar problems with automatic or manual installation?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Eugene. Received on Thu Dec 16 1999 - 16:35:16 CET

Original text of this message