Urgent. Max Datafiles exceed. Please Help.

From: <alan_psb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 13:25:56 GMT

[Quoted] I want to add tablespace (Oracle 7.3.3, Solaris 2.5). However, I got the [Quoted] following error:

ORA-01118: cannot add any more datafiles, limit of 30 exceed.

Then I change the db_files from 30 to 100 in initORACLE.sql. However, after shutdown and restart the database, I still got the above message when I add tablespace. But the db_files has changed to 100 when I show parameter in SVRMGR. I then ask my friend and he told me that I need to [Quoted] recreate the control files. However, he don't know how to do that. Could [Quoted] anyone tells me how can I recreate the control file such that I can add [Quoted] more datafile to Oracle? Could anyone shows the steps of doing this?

Thanks,
Alan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Dec 16 1999 - 14:25:56 CET

Original text of this message